Wednesday 17 June 2015

A Warm Fuzzy Feeling

This evening a customer took the trouble to ring me to talk about a book I had sent him last week (he did try yesterday, but I was in the pub watching The Clangers).

He is in his 80s and isn't too comfortable with the Internet.  He uses the public library when he needs to go on-line, but on the whole his daughter finds him books on-line and places the orders.  He remarked on how souless the experience was - often books arrive inadequately packaged and without even a shipping manifest.  He seemed to think that me doing as a simple thing as enclosing a postcard wishing him enjoyment of the book was something special!

Well, I agree with him that buying on-line can be soulless.  But it works both ways.  It's very pleasing to have a customer send an e-mail of thanks or to ring.  So thank you to those of you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment